My name is Binyamin Aron Green, and this is my website. This page contains a short description of me.
I am a Jewish ✡ web developer and student from Central Maryland 🗺️. I enjoy reading 📚, listening to music 🎼, and tinkering with this website ⚒.
You may be wondering what I'm up to now ⏲️ in life.
I'm an orthodox Jew. Here are some of the implications.
- I place special importance upon the study of the Torah, or the collective of Judaism's traditions, laws, and practices.
- I strive to act like a mensch.
- I observe the Shabbos (the Jewish day of rest) on Saturday.
- I keep kosher (article, video), so I adhere to certain dietary restrictions.
I like reading sci-fi and fantasy novels, as well as philosophical works. You can look at my reading list.
- Physics - An introduction to the fourth dimension (Davide Cervone)
- Code - Simple & Boring (Chris Coyier)
- Writing - Letters to a Young Writer (Colum McCann)
- Fiction - The Letter for the King (Tonke Dragt)
- Music - I'm open to suggestions
I began learning piano at age 6. When I sit down at the piano, I play whatever song is in my head. That's usually Jewish pop or a part of a movie soundtrack.
My Keyboard is a YPG-235, but Yamaha has discontinued that model in favor of the PSR-EW300. I also own a Blue Yeti Nano microphone for recording.
I write articles every so often, and post them on my blog. I also maintain a personal wiki of sorts. I'd like to write articles more often.
This website represents me, and helps me track my growth over time. I believe that personal websites are very beneficial for web developers, especially for beginners. I wrote about how I built this site, and I keep a roadmap for it. I store the source code both on GitHub and on GitLab.