My name is Binyamin Aron Green, and this is my website.
I am a Jewish ✡ web developer and student from Baltimore, Maryland 🗺️. I enjoy reading 📚, listening to music 🎼, and tinkering with this website ⚒.
You may be wondering what I'm up to now ⏲️ in life.
I'm an orthodox Jew. Here are some of the implications.
- I place special importance upon the study of the Torah, or the collective of Judaism's traditions, laws, and practices.
- I strive to act like a mensch.
- I observe the Shabbos (the Jewish day of rest) on Saturday.
- I keep kosher (article, video), so I adhere to certain dietary restrictions.
I like reading sci-fi and fantasy novels, as well as philosophical works. You can look at my reading list.
- Physics - "An introduction to the fourth dimension", by Davide Cervone
- Code - "Simple & Boring", by Chris Coyier
- Writing - Letters to a Young Writer, by Colum McCann
- Fiction - The Letter for the King, by Tonke Dragt
- Music - How Music Works, by John Powell
I began learning piano at age 6. When I sit down at the piano, I play whatever song is in my head. That's usually Jewish pop or a part of a movie soundtrack.
My Keyboard is a YPG-235, but Yamaha has discontinued that model in favor of the PSR-EW300. I also own a Blue Yeti Nano microphone for recording.
I've started a journal, or micro blog. Sometimes, I write full articles and post them on my blog. I used to maintain a personal wiki of sorts. There are JSON and RSS feeds for most of my writing.
This website represents me, and helps me track my growth over time. I believe that personal websites are very beneficial for web developers, especially for beginners. I wrote about how I built this site, and I keep a roadmap for it. I store the source code both on GitHub and on GitLab.